In the industry of construction, the terrace waterproofing is a very challenging task because the surface of the terrace is flat. Thus, the water will not be able to run off the structure quickly and will pool above the surface, which results in the opportunities of creating a leakage. This issue can be solved easily by using a waterproofing membrane. Basically, this membrane is a thin layer that is made up of waterproofing material providing no path for the water to enter into the structure. There are various materials that are commonly used for the terrace waterproofing including bituminous material; cementitious material; polyurethane liquid membrane; liquid waterproofing membrane and various others.
There are various waterproofing methods that are used in the industry of construction. Some of them are given below:
- Cementitious waterproofing method: : These waterproofing methods are used in internal wet areas such as toilets. They are easy to mix and apply and can be available easily by the suppliers.
- Bituminous membrane waterproofing method:: These waterproofing methods are used for that terrace that has a low slope due to the proven performance.
- Liquid waterproofing membrane method:: These waterproofing methods are applied with the help of spray, trowel or roller. They consist of a primer coat and two coat of topcoats providing more flexibility as compared to the cementitious waterproofing method.
- Polyurethane liquid membrane waterproofing method: : These waterproofing methods are used for the flat roof area and exposed to weathering.
- Bituminous coating waterproofing method:: These waterproofing methods are used to provide a flexible protective coat in accordance with its formulation and polymerization grade.
Benefits of terrace waterproofing:
There are various benefits of terrace waterproofing. Some of them are given below:
- Economy: As we all know that the waterproofing is applied at the top layer of the terrace, therefore it costs you less expensive as instead of replacing the entire roof.
- Prevention from damage: Waterproofing helps in the prevention of the mold and mildew from getting into the floor.
- Increased lifespan: With the help of waterproofing, the life span of your terrace will get increased because it helps reflects heat keeps the chemicals in the roof intact.
- Cooler comfort: As we all know that waterproofing reduces the heat absorption, therefore, your terrace stays cooler which results in increasing the comfort of the people living there.
- Decreased humidity: The waterproofing helps in reducing the water infiltration. Therefore, it decreases the humidity.
- Easy to maintenance: The repair of the waterproofing terraces will be smaller and less expensive.
- It also increases the value of your property.
If you are looking for the terrace waterproofing, then we are here with MCON RASAYAN PVT. LTD. that helps you in providing just that. Our main priority is to satisfy our customers and clients by fulfilling their requirements and needs. We deliver all the products with premium quality and are very affordable. We focus on bringing more solutions to address the demands and needs of the industry of construction.